Khan Lab School sets sights on Palo Alto space for K-8 students

Original post made on Jun 14, 2021

Khan Lab School in Mountain View is looking to bring its K-8 students to Palo Alto, a proposal that will be discussed at a virtual community meeting on Tuesday at 7 p.m.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, June 14, 2021, 9:46 AM

Posted by Carol Scott
a resident of Evergreen Park
on Jun 14, 2021 at 10:57 am

Carol Scott is a registered user.

While I can understand that some members of the adjacent residential areas may have some questions and concerns about this move, I hope a way to accommodate them can be found so that the Khan school can come to Palo Alto. The Khan Academy is an incredible organization that helps so many students who otherwise would not be able to experience a high level educational environment.

Posted by Justin Larrabee
a resident of Los Altos
on Jun 14, 2021 at 12:00 pm

Justin Larrabee is a registered user.

[Post removed.]

Posted by Butch Lindstrom
on Jun 14, 2021 at 1:03 pm

Butch Lindstrom is a registered user.

[Post removed.]

Posted by J Bivens
on Jun 14, 2021 at 4:03 pm

J Bivens is a registered user.

The Khan Lab School is not the same as Khan Academy. Same founder, different mission. Khan Academy brings education to people everywhere online, but Khan Lab School is a tiny elitist private school he opened for his own kids.

Posted by William Hitchens
a resident of Mountain View
on Jun 14, 2021 at 5:06 pm

William Hitchens is a registered user.

Highly qualified and intelligent students targeted by Khan DESERVE to get K-8 education that matches their highly advanced educational needs, just as "normal" and "other" students deserve such education. If public schools can't deal with advanced students, then Khan should be there to serve their highly special (as opposed to very low special) needs.

I needed highly advanced education in K-12 schools and was very badly taught by mediocre teachers in highly simplistic classes. It wasn't until I enrolled in a 1st rate university that I finally had the access to TRUE education that I needed to reach my full potential. I remember that as soon as I got to that University, I finally felt unbound by the mediocre strictures of "classes for the masses".

Let Khan take that role. They'll take a lot of pressure to perform off of PA (and my MV) schools.

Posted by Name hidden
a resident of Downtown North

on Jun 15, 2021 at 9:29 am

Due to repeated violations of our Terms of Use, comments from this poster are automatically removed. Why?