State to officially align with CDC masking guidance as part of June 15 reopening

Original post made on Jun 10, 2021

One of California's top public health officials confirmed Wednesday that the state will align with federal face masking guidance when the state's tiered reopening system is lifted next week.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 4:43 PM

Posted by Bystander
on Jun 10, 2021 at 12:37 pm

Bystander is a registered user.

SCC have remained uncharacteristally quiet on this.

Posted by The Voice of Palo Alto
on Jun 10, 2021 at 4:30 pm

The Voice of Palo Alto is a registered user.

The state can do whatever it wants. I don’t care what the CDC says and I certainly don’t care about what was formally called “The Blueprint for a Safer Economy.” I only care about my own health. With new variants spreading including the very dangerous Delta variant, vaccine breakthrough cases being reported, no vaccine for children under 12 available yet, no confirmation about how long vaccine protection actually lasts, and some people refusing to get vaccinated, I am keeping my mask on until at least the beginning of 2022(maybe even until 2027) here in my beloved Crescent Park. We are in a global pandemic and I’m going to listen to these 100 epidemiologists and not worry about the economy!

Web Link

Posted by Bystander
on Jun 10, 2021 at 5:51 pm

Bystander is a registered user.

I think the voice of Palo Alto is only speaking for him/herself.

Posted by The Voice of Palo Alto
on Jul 19, 2021 at 12:26 am

The Voice of Palo Alto is a registered user.

I was correct a month ago The Bystander. Masks are back.