Former Restaurant on Embarcadero next to Ming's?

Original post made by Carl Mindling, Embarcadero Oaks/Leland, on Apr 11, 2020

The year was about 1977 and we dined at a restaurant near Ming's location when it was on the Embarcardero near 101. Was it Scott's Seafood location prior to them moving to Town and Country Village? It might have changed hands but it was a fairly big space that was steak and seafood themed. Perhaps a chain.

2 people like this
Posted by Palo Parent
a resident of Greenmeadow
on Apr 11, 2020 at 10:25 am

Are you perhaps thinking it was the Stickney's Hick'ry House which closed in 2000?

Web Link

Posted by Carl Mindling
a resident of Embarcadero Oaks/Leland
on Apr 11, 2020 at 11:46 am

Thanks to Palo Parent for your reply. I do remember Stickney's in your Town & Country Center. We too had one down in San Jose but not in our T&C. I am remembering not the Scott's Seafood location in your T&C Village but what I recall was a restaurant similar to Scott's seafood and steak in a building on The Embarcadero near 101 next to where Ming's resided for so many years. I know I went there in 1977 so that was the era. I just can't recall the exact restaurant. I believe when Ming's closed the entire area was redeveloped and perhaps the restaurant in question vanished as well.

11 people like this
Posted by WilliamR
on Apr 11, 2020 at 12:20 pm

Yes, it was Scott's, before they moved to Town and Country. It was on the other side of the frontage road, in an office center between the frontage road and the freeway.

Posted by Carl Mindling
a resident of Embarcadero Oaks/Leland
on Apr 11, 2020 at 12:30 pm

WilliamR, Thanks for confirming what I vaguely recall. I am mostly a South Bay person but do frequent many businesses on the Peninsula. We dined there at Scott's one night before a concert at the Circle Star.

Posted by CrescentParkAnon.
on Apr 11, 2020 at 6:10 pm

Scott's was on the other side of the street.

Posted by Another Yes
on Apr 12, 2020 at 10:41 pm

I grew up in Palo Alto. Yes, it was Scott's Seafood.

Get the most important local news stories sent straight to your inbox daily.

How to Buy a Used EV
By Sherry Listgarten | 6 comments | 3,179 views

Gates sets an example for local billionaires to emulate
By Diana Diamond | 5 comments | 1,721 views

Pie Brings People Together

Couples and Premarital: Personal Weather Report (TM)
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 997 views

Tree Lighting Ceremonies
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 852 views

Palo Alto Weekly Holiday Fund

For the last 26 years, the Palo Alto Weekly Holiday Fund has given away more than $7 million to local nonprofits serving children and families. When you make a donation, every dollar is automatically doubled, and 100% of the funds go directly to local programs. It’s a great way to ensure your charitable donations are working at home.

DONATE HERE