Palo Alto utility worker who died on duty identified

Original post made on Nov 17, 2019

The City of Palo Alto Utilities lineperson who died Saturday from injuries that he suffered while upgrading a transformer was Donatus Okhomina, a military veteran who had just started his job with the city this month.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Sunday, November 17, 2019, 4:16 PM

Posted by Lindsay Joye
a resident of Ventura
on Nov 17, 2019 at 4:56 pm

Lindsay Joye is a registered user.

I offer my deepest condolences to Mr. Okhomina’s family and friends and to my former colleagues at the City of Palo Alto.

I was honored to work for Utilities for over 30 years with such dedicated and talented colleagues who keep our essential services working for our community.

Posted by May his memory be a blessing.
a resident of Greenmeadow
on Nov 18, 2019 at 12:20 pm

May his memory be a blessing to all those whose lives he touched. I am very sorry too hear this sad news.

Posted by JB
a resident of Evergreen Park
on Nov 18, 2019 at 12:29 pm

JB is a registered user.

I'm so sorry to hear about this. My condolences to his family and friends. What a tragedy.

Posted by Jim Phillips
a resident of Greendell/Walnut Grove
on Nov 18, 2019 at 12:43 pm

This is a terrible tragedy. I'm so sorry this happened. My condolences go to his family, co-workers and friends.

Posted by Nina
a resident of Charleston Gardens
on Nov 18, 2019 at 9:30 pm

Such a tragedy- my condolences to the family, May he Rest In Peace

Stay informed.

Get the day's top headlines from Palo Alto Online sent to your inbox.

Michelin-starred chefs bring Korean & Taiwanese fare to State Street Market in Los Altos
By The Peninsula Foodist | 1 comment | 5,887 views

Premarital and Couples: I look like THAT??!!

I am a covid coward – and also angry at anti-vaxxers
By Diana Diamond | 27 comments | 3,226 views

Meet the Winners

To show appreciation for the local business community, readers voted for their favorite places to eat, shop, work out or spend time with family and friends. The Palo Alto Weekly is proud to unveil this year's Best Of recipients and Hall of Fame honorees.

View Winners