Palo Alto utility worker who died on duty identified | Town Square | Palo Alto Online |

Palo Alto utility worker who died on duty identified

Original post made on Nov 17, 2019

The City of Palo Alto Utilities lineperson who died Saturday from injuries that he suffered while upgrading a transformer was Donatus Okhomina, a military veteran who had just started his job with the city this month.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Sunday, November 17, 2019, 4:16 PM

61 people like this
Posted by Lindsay Joye
a resident of Ventura
on Nov 17, 2019 at 4:56 pm

Lindsay Joye is a registered user.

I offer my deepest condolences to Mr. Okhomina’s family and friends and to my former colleagues at the City of Palo Alto.

I was honored to work for Utilities for over 30 years with such dedicated and talented colleagues who keep our essential services working for our community.

14 people like this
Posted by May his memory be a blessing.
a resident of Greenmeadow
on Nov 18, 2019 at 12:20 pm

May his memory be a blessing to all those whose lives he touched. I am very sorry too hear this sad news.

19 people like this
Posted by JB
a resident of Evergreen Park
on Nov 18, 2019 at 12:29 pm

JB is a registered user.

I'm so sorry to hear about this. My condolences to his family and friends. What a tragedy.

16 people like this
Posted by Jim Phillips
a resident of Greendell/Walnut Grove
on Nov 18, 2019 at 12:43 pm

This is a terrible tragedy. I'm so sorry this happened. My condolences go to his family, co-workers and friends.

2 people like this
Posted by Nina
a resident of Charleston Gardens
on Nov 18, 2019 at 9:30 pm

Such a tragedy- my condolences to the family, May he Rest In Peace

Get fact-based reporting on the COVID-19 crisis sent to your inbox daily.

Fresh from the water: Popular local fishing boat starts selling seafood at Port of Redwood City
By Elena Kadvany | 1 comment | 6,277 views

Constantly coping with the virus: We need a total lockdown now
By Diana Diamond | 45 comments | 3,636 views

Did a hedge fund just steal your EV rebate?
By Sherry Listgarten | 2 comments | 2,138 views

Easing Back to School Anxiety
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 800 views

I’ve Been Diagnosed with Essential Tremor (ET)
By Chandrama Anderson | 1 comment | 676 views

Who is your local hero?

Whether they're grocery shopping for a neighbor or volunteering for a nonprofit, you can spread the joy and support our journalism efforts by giving them a shout-out.

Learn More