Pedigreed protégés | Town Square | Palo Alto Online |

Pedigreed protégés

Original post made on Aug 16, 2018

Protégé offers two experiences: the dining room and the lounge. No matter where one sits, it's the same kitchen, the same attention to detail with friendly attentive service and Michelin-star quality food.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, August 16, 2018, 11:42 AM

4 people like this
Posted by Patrick
on Aug 16, 2018 at 11:03 pm

Protege is the bomb! The food is absolutely amazing! Can not wait to go back.

2 people like this
Posted by JOh
a resident of Palo Alto Hills
on Aug 17, 2018 at 7:19 am

I have grave doubts that the 125 wine could be found at under 25. Really same vintage/year!? I doubt it.

1 person likes this
Posted by John
a resident of Community Center
on Aug 17, 2018 at 9:14 am

This place is amazing. I have eaten at Protègè 4 times with my wife and it has been VERY good each time. The service is amazing. It felt like we were in a NYC restaurant with the professional staff. We ate at the bar once, and the bartender was fun and knowledgeable. The wine list is top notch, and fairly expensive. However, we had wine by the glass and the Beaujolais was much more like a “Baby Burgundy” and I believe it was $15 a glass. So, it did not break the bank. All in all, Protègè is a SPECIAL RESTAURANT, and one that Palo Alto has needed for many years!

4 people like this
Posted by Dale F. Bentson
on Aug 17, 2018 at 10:26 am

In response to JOh, I do my research before I write. I did in fact find that particular wine, same grower, same vintage, available in the Bay Area for $22.50.

Posted by Local
on Aug 20, 2018 at 8:03 pm

Sigh. Another great place I cannot afford to go to, replacing places I once could...

Stay up to date on local coronavirus coverage with our daily news digest email.

'A devastating impact:' The coronavirus claims Clarke's Charcoal Broiler, Mountain View's oldest operating restaurant

Coronavirus Food Safety Update + New! Insider Tips

Can you stay healthy without making more trash?
By Sherry Listgarten | 7 comments | 3,359 views

Think about helping others in our coronavirus-affected area
By Diana Diamond | 7 comments | 3,048 views

The University of California’s flexible policies during COVID-19
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 6 comments | 1,730 views

DEADLINE EXTENDED

The 34th Annual Palo Alto Weekly Short Story Contest is now accepting entries for Adult, Young Adult and Teen categories. Send us your short story (2,500 words or less) and entry form by April 10, 2020. First, Second and Third Place prizes awarded in each category. Sponsored by Kepler's Books, Linden Tree Books and Bell's Books.

Contest Details