Two-alarm fire contained in Old Palo Alto

Original post made on Mar 19, 2017

Palo Alto firefighters have contained a two-alarm fire found in the attic of an Old Palo Alto home on Sunday.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Sunday, March 19, 2017, 12:00 PM

37 people like this
Posted by With gratitude to police & fire depts.
on Mar 19, 2017 at 12:56 pm

Many thanks to Palo Alto Police & Fire Departments. We are fortunate to have such excellent responders.

5 people like this
Posted by musical
a resident of Palo Verde
on Mar 19, 2017 at 2:22 pm

Learning something new every day. I'd never heard of "Fire Associates" -- Web Link

63 people like this
Posted by Joanie
on Mar 19, 2017 at 7:24 pm

We are the couple who were living in the house and I want to thank the Palo Alto and Mountain View Fire Departments - there may have been others there as well, so I am including them in this thank you. The firemen were the nicest, most professional young men and women - so kind and capable. They did a great job and offered words of comfort. We are so lucky that we were not home (and therefore safe) and so lucky that none of the firemen or fire women were injured. We are very lucky to have such brave men and women in our fire department. Thank you to all.

Posted by HUTCH 7.62
a resident of Portola Valley

on Mar 19, 2017 at 7:43 pm

Remember me?
Forgot Password?
Due to violations of our Terms of Use, comments from this poster are only visible to registered users who are logged in. Use the links at the top of the page to Register or Login.

10 people like this
Posted by Glad you r ok
on Mar 19, 2017 at 9:59 pm

Joanie, So glad you and family are safe. We are your neighbors and saw you from across and over a bit
as you seemed to be leaving. Let us know if we can help. So sorry for your loss.

3 people like this
Posted by Alex
on Mar 23, 2017 at 8:50 pm

I am the owner of the house that caught fire. I whole-heartedly second Joanie's comments about the bravery, kind-heartedness, and professionalism of the firefighters from Palo Alto and Mountain View (and perhaps others) who responded to the fire and have since worked on the scene. Every fire fighter, police officer, investigator, etc. that I have met has been a real pleasure. My special thanks to the fire fighters who made the heroic effort to enter the house under unbelievably dangerous conditions of intense heat, smoke, and fire, made sure that there was nobody in the house, and then put out the fire. You did a fantastic job and I am deeply thankful to you all for keeping us safe.

Nobu Palo Alto eyes next-door expansion

I AM THE GOD OF HELL FIRE AND I BRING YOU

Are We Really Up To This?
By Aldis Petriceks | 3 comments | 1,553 views