Fairmeadow

Original post made on Jun 11, 2014

Navigating through the endless sea of homes in suburban Palo Alto, one neighborhood stands out from the rest. The Fairmeadow community, affectionately called "The Circles" by its residents, breaks from neighboring areas neatly lined in a grid, and instead, features concentric streets.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 1:52 PM

Posted by Ineresting
on Jun 11, 2014 at 2:02 pm

These residents see traffic calming road construction as a plus...a plus about living in this area. They celebrate it. I do too.

1 person likes this
Posted by Uninteresting
a resident of Stanford
on Jun 11, 2014 at 6:25 pm

I grew up in this neighborhood. The houses SUCKED: heating that quit working after a couple of years, walls that rattled in a storm, no insulation anywhere, very expensive to heat , roofs that leaked after a few years.

But the layout of the streets was great.we kids could play in the streets safely.

Posted by indoor/outdoor
on Jun 11, 2014 at 8:47 pm

This is fantastic to hear about residents who are focused on community and the interaction that Eichler homes and neighborhoods foster so well! The Circles represent a forward looking approach to development and planning and It is wonderful to also hear about their impact. These families and residents are more focused on interacting with their neighbors than closing themselves off in a 3000 sq foot McMansion with AC and small windows in houses built high on a pedestal! Kudos to Fairmeadow!

Posted by Susana Ruspini
a resident of Fairmeadow
on Jun 12, 2014 at 2:08 pm

The houses were originally hard to heat and lacked insulation, but now most house owners have taken care of those problems, very good heating companies have come with solutions to efficient heating systems, foam roofs, and double windows have made the houses very confortable in summer and winter. My house never rattled during storms for the last 30 years. Actually, I discovered that the original structure and the cement slap is very strong, problems arise with additions that can not hold to the originals. I love my house in the Circles. I live looking at my garden year around. I share it with squirrels, birds and occasional raccoons. I have no curtains in the back, I don't need them, no annoying noises. I feel very safe with neighbors that I know around me. The parking and traffic is great. And to top all of these, I can walk to Charleston Center, to Mitchell Park, to the Library, train station, major bus stops. I love the Circles and hope to stay here for many years.

Posted by suzie
a resident of College Terrace
on Sep 21, 2015 at 3:28 pm

[Post removed.]

Posted by Lilly
a resident of Fairmeadow
on Sep 21, 2015 at 4:46 pm

I use to live in Greenmeadow but moved to 'The Circles' three years ago. I agree with the article that 'The Circles' is a great place to raise children and you can't beat the community. Love my neighbors. Greenmeadow had a 'forced' community feel. Here we just like each other because we do.

Coffeebar opens in Menlo Park

Solo in Spain

Spring College Fairs
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 0 comments | 729 views

Couples: So You Married Mom or Dad . . .
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 708 views