Study: Most texters lie

Original post made on Apr 1, 2014

More than 95 percent of the people who type "LOL" are liars, a Stanford University study has concluded.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, April 1, 2014, 9:49 AM

Posted by A Texter
a resident of Evergreen Park
on Apr 1, 2014 at 10:17 am

LOL ROFL. Like what else could I say to this article?

Posted by sexter
a resident of Downtown North
on Apr 1, 2014 at 10:21 am

This is why we only sext instead of text. Much harder to lie with pictures, when the pictures are of someone you know intimately of course.

Posted by KP
a resident of South of Midtown
on Apr 1, 2014 at 11:26 am

LMFAO! Didn't fall for this one for a second!!
This was a corny article...even for AFD!! I am always laughing when I put the acronym in...how much is shown by the LOL, ROFL, LMFAO!!

Posted by Elizabeth
on Apr 1, 2014 at 4:57 pm

I can't say that I read every single word, but I certainly hope no one spent good money on this.

One can certainly be feeling as though they are laughing out loud in their minds without making any demonstrable action without.

I certainly don't think that constitutes lying and I find the study a bit offensive.

As one who is committed to truthfulness, the fact that I'm not literally laughing out loud certainly doesn't make me a liar.

Posted by Whiskers
a resident of Los Altos
on Apr 1, 2014 at 8:03 pm

Although I have never used LOL, the time I might use it would be when I found something mildly amusing. Perhaps I should say "FIMA" (Found it mildly amusing).

My favorite expression is WTF (Wow, That's Fantastic!), though only said out loud. More fun that way when I can see the other person's expression.

(Perhaps I should add that I'm about two generations ahead of the LOL generation, though my old fogie friends know what it means.)

Posted by Stretch
on Apr 1, 2014 at 9:03 pm

WTF, says an old foggiest from down under!

Posted by Skinny
a resident of Community Center
on Apr 1, 2014 at 11:39 pm

ROFL and LMFAO are the latest weight-loss plan. Instead of eating yourself thin (the regular method), just ROFL twice a day and LMFAO three times a week, you are guaranteed to lose 3 pounds a week!
Going to the gym is so old fashioned.

Burger chain Shake Shack to open in Palo Alto

Eat, Surf, Love

Couples: So You Married Mom or Dad . . .

The Cost of Service