Letters to the editor

Original post made on Apr 5, 2013

Bag ban positives

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, April 5, 2013, 12:00 AM

Posted by Not an issue
a resident of Community Center
on Apr 5, 2013 at 5:15 pm

I find Ruthann hammers letter to be extremely ironic given the history of alma plaza

Posted by CrescentParkAnon.
on Apr 6, 2013 at 8:54 pm

I agree with what Ruthann Hammer had to say about Miki's. Miki's probably could have evolved a following had it stuck to it long enough, 6 months is not enough. I went there a few times and probably would have eventually found a reason to stop by more often. One thing that I did not like was that it was closed so early. All the other markets in Palo Alto are open at least until 10pm and that was the only constant I think was a major negative.

Posted by CrescentParkAnon.
on Apr 6, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Also, although I try my best to avoid looking at any advertising, I have to admit I don't often succeed at that, and I never saw anything introducing Miki's, explaining what it was, why it would be better and for what items? There was no name-recognition so I did not even know it was a market until just a few months ago. I have to wonder how this whole deal came together and if anyone knew enough to avoid this but just kept quiet. The whole mess has not served Palo Alto, and I think any developer behind this really should face review and be a very negative household name in this city. One would think with our proximity and relation to Stanford that we might get some world-class actors in this city, instead it seems we get third rate rip-offs with everything.

Posted by Name hidden
a resident of Leland Manor/Garland Drive

on Jun 5, 2017 at 2:11 am

Due to repeated violations of our Terms of Use, comments from this poster are automatically removed. Why?

Posted by Name hidden
a resident of The Greenhouse

on Jun 5, 2017 at 10:24 am

Burger chain Shake Shack to open in Palo Alto

The Cost of Service
By Aldis Petriceks | 1 comment | 983 views

This time we're not lying. HONEST! No, really!
By Douglas Moran | 5 comments | 562 views