Hoover School principal announces retirement

Original post made on Jan 12, 2012

Susanne Scott, principal of Herbert Hoover Elementary School for the past eight years, will retire in June, the Palo Alto school district announced Wednesday.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, January 12, 2012, 9:21 AM

Posted by Phil
a resident of Fairmeadow
on Jan 12, 2012 at 10:36 am

My family and I only have love in our hearts for Dr. Scott. We chose to entrust our child's education to Hoover because of Dr. Scott, and she will be sorely missed by us after her retirement.

Dr. Scott has led Hoover to become a tremendous, caring, child-centered, nurturing learning community. Under her leadership it has become, truly, a great school by any measure.

Best of wishes to you, Dr. Scott, in your future endeavors. Clear skies. Much love. And, thank you for all you've done for us. Your work at Hoover has truly made a difference in our lives.

Posted by Rajiv Bhateja
a resident of Hoover School
on Jan 12, 2012 at 10:52 am

Dr. Scott has been a blessing. She knows each student as a person and is a deeply committed and caring principal. Hers are big shoes to fill and she will be sorely missed.

Posted by Penny Ellson
a resident of Greenmeadow
on Jan 12, 2012 at 11:12 am

Though not a Hoover parent, I have had many opportunities to work as a volunteer with Dr. Scott. I admire her professionalism and devotion to her students, school community families, and staff. I wish her the very best in her retirement. I know she will be missed by many.

Posted by Betty Mann
on Jan 12, 2012 at 11:58 am

As one of the five Palo Alto residents who helped establish Hoover School in 1974 it has been a pleasure to see Hoover flourish as an outstanding educational facility. Suzanne's leadership certainly carried on the vision we had for the children of Palo Alto!

Posted by Tony Putulin
on Jan 12, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Retirement is not an option. I will gather signatures to petition the school board to keep you for, at least, another ten years. You can't go now. Will someone pinch me and tell me this is not happening. My family and I don't have any reasons to visit Hoover.
Seriously, congratulations, Dr. Scott.

Posted by parent_of_Hoover_Alumini
a resident of Duveneck School
on Jan 12, 2012 at 4:01 pm

We should keep her as long as we can as she is an outstanding educator; I have two graduated boys from Hoover. She is the best and I fully respect her. Please keep her for our school district!

regards,

Posted by Marielena
on Jan 12, 2012 at 4:08 pm

It is a shame that you are retiring so early because you are one of the best principals and teachers in Palo Alto District. I hope you still around and train new principals and teachers so it is not like you are gone, and they continue your work of making schools and classrooms a better place for our students. We need more teachers and principals like you. My kids have such a great memories of Palo Verde Elementary because of you. Wish you the best:)

Posted by parent
a resident of Green Acres
on Jan 12, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Thank you for your work with our kids and our community!

Posted by Matthew
a resident of Hoover School
on Mar 12, 2014 at 4:24 pm

As a student myself, Dr.Scott has been an amazing principal, each and every one of us was special in her eyes, she always said to keep on going and just a couple more words, congrats Dr.Scott.

Posted by Marielena
a resident of Palo Verde
on Mar 12, 2014 at 6:19 pm

As a former Palo Verde Parent, one year later, I can still say, that I have not found another teacher, principal, board member or PAUSD administrator who had such a big hard and who was always trying to make the school days better for the students. You are missed here in PAUSD. I can't believe that this student who posted today, he still have the same memories as my children. Thank you.

Nobu Palo Alto eyes next-door expansion

Are We Really Up To This?
By Aldis Petriceks | 4 comments | 1,867 views