Shop Talk

Original post made on Dec 20, 2008

Coffee shop returns to Midtown

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, December 19, 2008, 12:00 AM

Posted by Shari
on Dec 20, 2008 at 6:28 pm

I have been to Philz in SF. It is indeed some of the best coffee i ever tasted. We're lucky to get it here in Palo Alto. I hope it opens soon.

Posted by Half-Caf, Nonfat Latte/Jane
a resident of Palo Verde
on Dec 21, 2008 at 9:03 am

We'll welcome Philz with open arms (or, rather, coffee cups)!

Posted by just tasted
on Mar 2, 2009 at 1:58 pm

I just tried Philz coffee (Palo Alto location opened today) and it's very good! Phil was there himself - friendly guy.

Posted by Veronica Lightfoot
on Mar 8, 2009 at 1:47 pm

I am from San Francisco. I know the Mayor of 24th Street San Francisco. I remember when his first shop was just a corner store. When Phil started his venture he would personally feed coffee out of a spoon to his special friends to get their commments and opinions. Fortunatley, I am one of those persons who sipped and experinced the best coffee on this hemisphere before he expanded in the Bay Area. Once you taste Philz Coffee you are addicted.

Posted by Resident
on Mar 8, 2009 at 3:58 pm

I recently visited Philz. I would really like to see him expand his range of cold drinks with a few smoothies/fruit drinks.

Posted by resident
a resident of Charleston Meadows
on May 23, 2009 at 2:52 pm

Loved the coffee. Great addition to Palo Alto.

Get the most important local news stories sent straight to your inbox daily.

How to Buy a Used EV
By Sherry Listgarten | 6 comments | 3,189 views

Gates sets an example for local billionaires to emulate
By Diana Diamond | 5 comments | 1,730 views

Pie Brings People Together

Couples and Premarital: Personal Weather Report (TM)

Tree Lighting Ceremonies
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 855 views

Palo Alto Weekly Holiday Fund

For the last 26 years, the Palo Alto Weekly Holiday Fund has given away more than $7 million to local nonprofits serving children and families. When you make a donation, every dollar is automatically doubled, and 100% of the funds go directly to local programs. It’s a great way to ensure your charitable donations are working at home.

DONATE HERE