Patrick Swayze reportedly treated at Stanford for cancer

Original post made on Mar 5, 2008

Actor Patrick Swayze, star of the movies "Ghost" and "Dirty Dancing," is being treated on an outpatient basis at Stanford Hospital for pancreatic cancer, several news outlets reported today.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 9:55 PM

Posted by Muddles
a resident of Evergreen Park
on Mar 5, 2008 at 11:52 pm

Hope the docs are up to snuff on this one. Everyone's watchin.

Posted by AceStaff
a resident of Southgate
on Mar 8, 2008 at 1:35 am

Next time he'll get to play the ghost.

Posted by Resident
on Mar 8, 2008 at 10:24 am

Whereas I wish the best to Patrick and his family and trust that the wonderful Stanford team is doing its best. I hope that we can give the man the privacy he deserves at a time like this and that nothing but the bare facts are reported.

Anything else is not our business.

Posted by Denise Baum
on Apr 19, 2008 at 1:27 pm

[Post removed by Palo Alto Online staff.]

Posted by alyssa Ibarra
a resident of Woodside
on Jun 19, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Hi, i'm Alyssa Ibarra, 9years old and I have cancer and i'm doing my radiation at Stanford Medical hospital. I will love to meet you because I been watching your movie everyday and it's one of my favorites movies (Dirty Dancing)!! Email me at my mom's email address [email protected] Thank you, I hope I get to meet you

Get important election coverage sent straight to your inbox daily.

Former Flea St. Cafe chef starts meal delivery service
By Elena Kadvany | 1 comment | 6,909 views

10 ways to reduce your dog's "pawprint"
By Sherry Listgarten | 9 comments | 4,482 views

Why can't high schoolers write?
By Jessica Zang | 13 comments | 2,748 views

"Plant an Expectation, Reap a Disappointment"
By Chandrama Anderson | 1 comment | 1,900 views

'Ignoring what's wrong has never made anything right'
By Diana Diamond | 4 comments | 1,274 views

Benefiting local non-profits

The 36th annual Moonlight Run and Walk is Friday evening, October 2, wherever you are! Proceeds go to the Palo Alto Weekly Holiday Fund, benefiting local non-profits that serve families and children in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties. Join us under the light of the full Harvest Moon on a 5K walk, 5K run, 10K run or half marathon.

Register Today!