With plans underway to convert the historic President Hotel from a 75-unit apartment building to a 100-unit hotel, Weekly staff discuss the implications of the conversation for the residents and the city. Watch the webcast here.
To jump to a specific topic, open the description box below the video in YouTube and click on the time stamp.
• President Hotel purchase and future plans (0:11)
• President Hotel's purchase in comparison to Buena Vista Mobile Home Park (8:33)
• Other hotel conversions in Palo Alto (11:38)
• City efforts to protect renters (14:20)
• Affordable housing in Palo Alto (18:02)
Check out previous weeks' episodes in the "Behind the Headlines" archive.