http://paloaltoonline.com/square/print/index.php?i=3&t=19535


Town Square

Dryer fire damages home on Margarita Avenue

Original post made on Nov 21, 2012

Palo Alto firefighters used a garden hose to extinguish a dryer fire Tuesday afternoon at 1:57 p.m. in the 200 block of Margarita Avenue.

This story contains 134 words.

If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.

If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.

Comments

Like this comment
Posted by Cur Mudgeon
a resident of Greenmeadow
on Nov 21, 2012 at 12:56 pm

The moral of the story is don't leave your appliances on when you are away. Dryers overheat; washers overflow or become unbalanced; dishwashers melt and ignite fallen plastic utensils. Sorry for the resident, smoke damage is messy.


Like this comment
Posted by Ducatigirl
a resident of Old Palo Alto
on Nov 21, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Cur Mudgeon is absolutely right. I think a lot of people don't realize that they should clean their dryer duct annually AT LEAST. It also helps your clothes dry faster, if fire prevention isn't enough of a reason.