Posted by Cardinal, a resident of the Evergreen Park neighborhood, 14 hours ago
I want to applaud Dr Skelly and his supporters on the school board for their discipline in sticking to a proven formula for successful crisis management. They are following the tactics that my institution has used consistently when accused of permitting harm to children. Most of all, remember that the reputation and interests of our revered institution must supercede the interests of any individual.
1. Try to convince the so-called victims that they miss understood the intentions of the perpetrator and the problem is not as significant as they perceived.
2. If the problem continues, repeat Step 1.
3. Conduct an "internal" investigation and proclaim the institution has been found by itself to innocent.
4. Move the victim or perpetrator to another branch location and hope/assume that the problem will go away.
5. When the problem recurs, repeat steps 1-4.
6. When step 5 fails and the problem becomes public, blame the the messengers and the press. Insist that it is now the revered institution that is the victim due to the criticisms of its conduct.
7. Repeat step 3 and proclaim that the institution is now a model of exceptional conduct.
8. Stall on final resolution until you can retire.
This story contains 285 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.