City misspending money
Original post made by common sense, Midtown, on Mar 1, 2013
* Buying 17 Compressed Natural Gas Honda Civic cars at $27,046 each. A regular gas Honda Civic would cost $20,350. So in order to project a "greener" image, the city is spending $105,000 more than it needs to.
* Loaning the Palo Alto Housing Corporation $2,600,000 so that they can buy the properties on Maybell for constructing high density housing.
* Hiring a consultant for $281,850 to do a study of 5 different bike projects, such as what happens if a bike path connects Wilkie Way with El Camino.
* Spend another $335,000 for lawyers investigating the Mitchell Park Library construction
* and the city council will discuss how to spend more money on the California Ave streetscape improvements (remember this project was where the city gets a $1,100,000 grant, and spends $500,000; it's now a $1,100,000 grant, and the city is spending $2,300,000).
So to sum it up: in one week of city spending: $720,000 on consultants, fancy cars, and another $2,600,000 in a "loan". That's $3,300,000 in one week that could have gone for infrastructure.
The city can't afford to fix the infrastructure, but they can overspend on fancy cars, hire consultants to study bike paths, loan money to create high density housing which many in the neighborhood are against, and because of mismangement of current construction projects, are spending another $335,000 to figure out why Mitchell Park library isn't going so well.
Iíll have the Kraft Mac n Cheese w/Ketchup, Please
By Max Greenberg | 0 comments | 343 views