Fire destroys remote Baylands boat house

Original post made on Aug 14, 2013

A boat house at Cooley Landing in East Palo Alto, caught fire on Monday night, bringing four fire engines and two battalion chiefs to squelch the blaze in the remote Baylands.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 9:48 AM

Posted by Suspishun, a resident of East Palo Alto
on Aug 14, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Somebody wanted this structure to "go away"

Posted by -----, a resident of Adobe-Meadows
on Aug 16, 2013 at 7:12 pm

I guess that's what they get for the ugly remodel and ribbon cutting ceremony. Unfortunate. It was much nicer before.

Posted by Hmmm, a resident of East Palo Alto
on Aug 16, 2013 at 7:29 pm

----- Are you talking about the one at the PA Baylands? I don't think the one in EPA had been redone yet. IIRC, it was going to be fixed up & used for educational purposes. I wonder now what the plan will be.

Posted by -----, a resident of Adobe-Meadows
on Aug 16, 2013 at 8:24 pm

I meant the drab new landscaping

Posted by Sharon, a resident of Midtown
on Aug 16, 2013 at 8:26 pm

[Post removed.]

Posted by Resident, a resident of Duveneck/St. Francis
on Nov 28, 2013 at 2:07 pm

This is amazing. I was there and saw kids set fire to it. I was the person that called it in on 911. Then two days later I called the police and they said they ruled out arson as a cause. I said, "Are you serious? I saw someone light it on fire." They still said they ruled out arson. This begins to describe some of the issues in East Palo Alto. If the police and fire officials can't admit this, what will they admit?

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.