Cleaner arrested following burglaries of Palo Alto homes

Original post made on Nov 20, 2012

A house cleaner has been arrested for burglary after three Palo Alto residents who shared the same cleaning team noticed items including jewelry, hidden money and prescription medication were missing from their homes.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 9:53 AM

Posted by Resident1
a resident of Professorville
on Nov 20, 2012 at 10:04 am

[Post removed by Palo Alto Online staff.]

Posted by resident
on Nov 20, 2012 at 10:15 am

The first sentence in this article says the woman was part of a cleaning service. Is the cleaning service a company or just the 2 women?

Posted by Janie
a resident of Downtown North
on Nov 20, 2012 at 10:17 am

Solution! Clean your own homes problem solved.

Posted by Laura King
a resident of Professorville
on Nov 20, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Laura King is a registered user.

My cleaners are honest, thorough and do a great job. I am usually not home when they come, and I have never had anything turn up missing. If you need a new house cleaner, she also cleans with her family members. Her name is Anna. She can be reached at 650-799-2663

Posted by SCB94303
a resident of Menlo Park
on Nov 20, 2012 at 4:04 pm

SCB94303 is a registered user.

@Janie,
Did it ever occur to you that there are older and/or disabled people who are unable to clean their own homes? Please be thoughtful! Your comment is not helpful and is not a "solution"! Someday you might be in that position yourself where you need a housecleaner!

Posted by Ducatigirl
on Nov 20, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Ducatigirl is a registered user.

It happens. I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis, a form of rheumatoid arthritis of the spine, at age 48. Among the things I can no longer do are vacuuming, scrubbing floors, and scrubbing bathtubs. Personally,I like Merry Maids, and have had the same two ladies for years.

Also, an awful lot of people work very long hours or have more than one job. They are simply to tired or have too little time to clean house. For twety years I worked 70 hrs/week, and it was cutting into my sleep time.

Posted by Hmmm
a resident of East Palo Alto
on Nov 20, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Hmmm is a registered user.

Suggesting that people clean their own homes isn't helpful. I've had the luxury of working from home on the days we have housecleaners. How sad to lose a wedding ring to a thief. How sad - & stupid - that a thief will go to jail for stealing. I have neighbors who're janitors & they do extra work for extra $$ - & they work hard. I also feel bad for the victims who haven't gotten their possessions back & the honest housecleaner whose friend used her to gain access to these homes.

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?