Teen assaulted with bat while defending mother

Original post made on Sep 28, 2012

A 17-year-old boy was struck several times with a baseball bat in Palo Alto after he defended his mother from crude sexual remarks made by two men.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, September 28, 2012, 9:32 AM

Posted by danielle, a resident of Old Palo Alto
on Sep 28, 2012 at 10:38 am

Palo Alto is getting scary

Posted by SteveC, a resident of Menlo Park
on Sep 28, 2012 at 11:00 am

270 lbs and he needed a bat? Now that's a real man for ya!

Posted by Worker Bee, a resident of Another Palo Alto neighborhood
on Sep 28, 2012 at 11:22 am

I am touched by the actions of this 17 year old, sticking up out of respect for his mother. To his parents - job well done.

Posted by Hmmm, a resident of East Palo Alto
on Sep 28, 2012 at 11:39 am

I hope they catch these losers. Shame on them for their disrespect & throw the book at them for their assault on the teen. Treating someone in public they eat they did the mother, then the assault, in daylight at a place of business is deplorable & frightening. My best wishes to this mother & her son.

Posted by bru, a resident of Crescent Park
on Sep 29, 2012 at 12:48 pm

bru is a registered user.

This is the Main Palo Alto Post Office - somewhere where most of us have to go at some point or another. I don't know what that was not referenced, I doubt most Palo Altans would know where this is otherwise.

Is this officially East Palo Alto?

I'd like to make a calm comment on the perpetrators here but anything I say would be deleted by the editors no matter how on-point it was. Maybe I can point out a possible father-sin or familial relationship and some negative socialization going on that is not going to help our society to be the melting pot we like to think it is.

Posted by village fool, a resident of another community
on Sep 29, 2012 at 10:39 pm

village fool is a registered user.

My best wishes of health and all to the son, and mother.
Bru - (one registered user to the other) - I do not understand. Why do you think you have to be very careful here in this thread, stating that any comment will be deleted? I actually do not understand why comments are limited to registered users.

Posted by Nora Charles, a resident of Stanford
on Sep 30, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Nora Charles is a registered user.

What a brave teenager! I hope he will okay, and the violent creeps both found, arrested, and thrown in the clink.

Village Fool, I think Bru may have meant that any comments construed as politically incorrect are removed, but I may be wrong. I firmly believe we should be able to write anything, excluding obscenities, as I'd love to know what people here are REALLY thinking on the issues, no matter how outré.

Posted by Jan H., a resident of Old Palo Alto
on Oct 7, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Jan H. is a registered user.

Congratulations to a young man who has a bigger "pair" than most grown men !

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

The dress code
By Jessica T | 19 comments | 1,805 views

Two Days to Save This Dog?
By Cathy Kirkman | 15 comments | 1,188 views

. . . People will never forget how you made them feel.

September food and drink goings on

It Depends... Disguising Real Characters in Fiction