Lasting Memories is a service of Palo Alto Weekly and Palo Alto Online to provide a permanent place for memorials
and remembrances of local residents that have passed away. Obituaries may be posted by relatives for any
person who resided in the Palo Alto area during any portion of their life.
Family members desiring the publication of an obituary in Palo Alto Weekly should use this site to submit
complete information on their deceased relative. The information submitted will automatically be included on
this website and will be reviewed by editors to determine the appropriateness of also being published in the
paper. This decision is based on the length of time the deceased lived in the community and the nature of their
involvements and activities. Paid obituaries in the newspaper are also available at reasonable rates.
For more information or assistance in submitting obituaries, please use the form here.
Palo Alto Online, and your use of this site constitutes a
binding agreement to these terms between you and Embarcadero Media. If you do not wish to accept these terms,
then do not post anything.
- You are a relative or friend of the deceased and are submitting information that you believe is truthful
- You are solely responsible for all postings you make.
- You agree not to post anything on Lasting Memories that is not your original work or without the permission
of the owner, including photographs, unless you know with certainty that it is legally in the public domain and
permissible under U.S. copyright laws.
- You agree not to use any profanity, nor post any information that is hateful, libelous or obscene, or that
is threatening, abusive or offensive to any individual, group or class of person.
- You grant to Embarcadero Media a nonexclusive license to republish in its newspapers or in other media formats,
at its sole discretion, all or portions of the content you post on Lasting Memories.
- You agree not to make posts that are primarily intended to promote, or create links to another Website.
- You agree not to make posts of a commercial nature that promote a business, product or service.
- You agree not to republish in any form the posts that others make on Lasting Memories.
- You acknowledge that although we do not have any obligation to review, monitor or screen the content that is
posted on Lasting Memories or Palo Alto Online, and
and that we may edit or remove content you post at our sole discretion for any reason, even if not specifically
of any content posted on Lasting Memories and are not responsible for content posted by others.
Lasting Memories and Palo Alto Online is hosted on
servers located in California and is intended to be viewed primarily by residents of California. In the event of any
dispute arising out of or relating to this site, you agree that the exclusive venue for litigating disputes shall be
in state or federal court in San Jose, California.
Should you believe there is content on Lasting Memories or
Palo Alto Online that violates any of the
of Information Technology/Webmaster, Embarcadero Media, at 450 Cambridge Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94306, phone