Man killed by train Wednesday identified

Los Altos resident Joshua Stern, 35, was hit by train near San Antonio station

A man who was struck and killed by a train in Mountain View on Wednesday morning, June 6, has been identified by the Santa Clara County medical examiner's office as Joshua Stern, 35, of Los Altos.

Stern was hit by a baby bullet train around 9:45 a.m. near the San Antonio station. The train, southbound Caltrain No. 332, was passing through but not scheduled to stop at the station. Passengers on that train were transferred to another train.

The circumstances of Stern's death remain under investigation. The death marks the ninth fatality on Caltrain right-of-way this year. There were 16 fatalities in 2011.

— Bay City News Service

Comments

Posted by Jason Sutherland, a resident of another community
on Jun 7, 2012 at 2:14 pm

As free as you always wanted to be, may you continue to soar beyond our wildest dreams. We love you Josh.

Posted by Leah Cowan, a resident of College Terrace
on Jun 7, 2012 at 5:24 pm

You are one of the nicest people I have ever known. I love you. Until we meet again.

Posted by Hmmm, a resident of East Palo Alto
on Jun 7, 2012 at 5:47 pm

To Joshua Stern's family: I am so very sorry. I know this is a tremendous loss for you all.

Posted by Adam Metz, a resident of Palo Alto High School
on Jun 7, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Josh, I'm so sorry that it came to this. You were on your way back. I wish you peace, my man. I will miss you very much.

Posted by malene latu (taylor), a resident of Mountain View
on Jun 7, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Wow...not Josh! When I first met you, I thought I met Fred Savage! You always had a smile! Rest In Love...

Thoughts and prayers to your family...

Posted by sorry, a resident of another community
on Jun 8, 2012 at 7:55 am

Josh,

Your terrible, what must have been unbearable pain is over.

I wish that I had known you.

Be free.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.