25-year-old man killed in East Palo Alto

Police release little information on the death, seek public's help

A 25-year-old man was killed in the rear parking lot of an apartment complex at 355 East O'Keefe St. Thursday, East Palo Alto police said.

Police officers were dispatched at 6:16 a.m. and upon arriving at the scene found that Alejandro Palomino-Albino of East Palo Alto had suffered a fatal injury and had died. Sgt. Jeff Liu said it was not evident how Albino was killed and results are pending a coroner's examination.

Police are actively investigating the apparent homicide and need information, he said.

"Anyone who might have witnessed or has any knowledge about the crime is strongly urged to contact the East Palo Alto Police Department," he said.

Contact with the department can be anonymous and can be made through phone dispatch: 650-321-1112; Internet message: www.ci.east-palo-alto.ca.us/police/tipnow.html; or anonymous cell-phone text or voicemail: 650-409-6792.

Comments

Posted by ?
on Apr 27, 2012 at 9:23 am

Its not evident how this young man was killed, yet it has been ruled a homicide?

Posted by Hmmm
a resident of East Palo Alto
on Apr 27, 2012 at 11:25 am

They're probably calling it homicide until they know more & purposely aren't giving out much info.

Posted by O'Keefe neighbor
a resident of East Palo Alto
on Apr 27, 2012 at 11:35 am

What day did this happen? I don't see that in the article--just the time of day.

Posted by No one deserves to die alone
a resident of East Palo Alto
on Apr 27, 2012 at 12:33 pm

This happened yesterday morning. I know because I am a resident at which this horrible situation took place. To walk out to taking my children to school and myself to work to see this man's body covered in a yellow bag and to know it was still there as late as 5 p.m., beyond traumatizing and upsetting. The officer's going to each door with question's were so cold. The way this man died, regardless of what circumstance he may have put himself in, as well as his family as well as the other person who took his life, is of great sadness. From one human to the next, as well as for our community as a whole.

Posted by E. L
a resident of East Palo Alto
on Apr 27, 2012 at 5:34 pm

I also live at 355 east O'Keefe St. I thought the police where thorough and professional also the body was removed early afternoon.

Posted by Sharon
on Apr 27, 2012 at 6:21 pm

[Post removed by Palo Alto Online staff.]

Posted by Maricruz
a resident of East Palo Alto
on Apr 27, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Does any one knows this mans name I have family living there and I need to know who this man is please thank u.

Posted by anonymous
on Apr 28, 2012 at 7:48 pm

The Name Of The Victim Is Already In The Artice. Alejandro Palomino-Albino Is His Name.

Posted by Sharon
on Apr 28, 2012 at 8:18 pm

20,000 murders in the last 2 years by drug gangs on the border

The same gangs are now active in Oakland and EPA

Posted by Justin
a resident of College Terrace
on Apr 28, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Unfortunately the political activists an ignorant city government in EPA tolerate this type of criminal behavior. It will never change.

Posted by Nayeli
on Apr 29, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Has East Palo Alto always been this bad?

Posted by Outside Observer
on Apr 29, 2012 at 8:33 pm

>>"Has East Palo Alto always been this bad? "

I ran a business in EPA back in the late 70's when it was "The murder capital of the USA". I never had any problems then, but I would never set foot in EPA now.

Posted by JoshuaEPA
a resident of East Palo Alto
on Apr 30, 2012 at 5:53 am

EPA was not the "murder capital" in the 70's and was in fact a thriving community in that era that was remarkably self sufficient and productive despite being unincorporated and at the disposal of Menlo Park. It became the murder capital in '93, for one year.

Posted by Hmmm
a resident of East Palo Alto
on Apr 30, 2012 at 7:36 pm

JoshuaEPA is correct. EPA has a fascinating history, tied into Palo Alto's more shameful past that people prefer not to remember. I'm not saying EPA is a day at the beach, but it's generally safer now than it was in the 80s & 90s.

I'm very sorry about the loss of another young person. Unfortunately, my sorrow is tempered by cynicism surrounding the possible reasons that he died. But today I was happily surprised by something here I'd been very cynical about. Regardless, he was someone's son & I'm sorry for their pain.

Posted by manuel
a resident of East Palo Alto
on Nov 27, 2012 at 8:07 pm

I lived in EPA for one year, i would never set foot in that hell hole. I had some horrible neighbors, i repeatly call the cops and called local detectives, and submitted online reports of they're illegal things going on in that house. Cops would never do anything, as well all other things tried. All in all, this city is corrupt, government here doesnt care about they're residents and nonexistant. I think there are two cop cars patrolling the whole city. I recommend anyone living here or thinking of, move out, you will regret it. I hate this town so bad that i wish i never knew about it. its ghetto and nobody does anything about it!

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

Cho's, beloved dim sum spot, to reopen in Los Altos

Why I Became Active in Palo Alto Forward
By Steve Levy | 12 comments | 2,339 views

Early Decision Blues
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 0 comments | 1,990 views

Guest Post from HSSV: Adopt a Naughty Dog!
By Cathy Kirkman | 2 comments | 1,527 views